Phobia Quiz: Part Two
Somebody who's terrified of death might have:
- Thanatophobia is a fear of death.
If you're afraid to get near a swimming pool, you might be suffering from:
- Aquaphobia is a fear of water or drowning.
Fine, fine, that's good to know, but what is arachnophobia?
- Arachnophobia is a fear of spiders.
Somebody suffering from photophobia would probably want to stay away from:
- Photophobia is a fear of—or sensitivity to—light.
Somebody with toxiphobia would be afraid of:
- Toxiphobia is a fear of being poisoned.
Clifford, Lassie, Toto, Rin Tin Tin, and Sandy wouldn't be welcome around somebody with:
- Cynophobia is a fear of dogs.
Which of these would not make it hard for someone to take this quiz?
- Logophobia is a fear of words. Technophobia is a fear of advanced technology. This quiz is about words, and you need a computer to take it.
If somebody has bibliophobia, he'll want to stay far away from:
- Bibliophobia is a fear—or mistrust—of books.
On the other hand, somebody afraid of the dark might have:
- Nyctophobia is a fear of the night or darkness.
Somebody with pyrophobia would make a terrible:
- Pyrophobia is a fear of fire.