If you were afraid of the number 13 (as in Friday the 13th), you'd suffer from:
- Triskadekaphobia is the fear of the number 13.
It would be hard to be a schoolteacher if you had anglophobia, or a fear of what?
- Anglophobia is a hatred or fear of England or anything English.
The word phobia means "a persistent, irrational fear of a particular thing" in what language?
- Phobia is the ancient Greek word for a persistent, irrational fear.
- Xylophobia is a fear of wooden objects or of forests.
A man might not make a very interesting date if he suffered from philophobia, or a fear of what?
- Philophobia is a fear of being or falling in love.
A military leader might not be very effective with ballistophobia, or a fear of what?
- Ballistophobia is a fear of bullets or missiles.
You probably wouldn't have taken this quiz if you had phobophobia, or a fear of what?
- Phobophobia is a fear of phobias.
You might find it difficult to take a vacation with someone who had aviophobia, or a fear of what?
- Aviophobia is a fear of airplanes.
A tour guide might have a hard time doing his job if he suffered from agoraphobia, which means a fear of what?
- Agoraphobia is a fear of crowds, public places, or open areas.
"Anchors Aweigh" might not be the favorite song of someone with thalassophobia, or a fear of what?
- Thalassophobia is a fear of the sea. "Anchors Aweigh" was first played in 1906 at the U.S. Naval Academy, before the Army-Navy football game. The Navy won 10-0!
Working at a veterinary clinic would likely be difficult for anyone with ailurophobia, or a fear of what?