The French Revolution Quiz
When did the French Revolution start?
- The French Revolution started in 1789, when the Estates-General was called to address the country's financial crisis.
What was the Bastille?
- The Bastille was a prison in Paris that was stormed by revolutionaries on July 14, 1789, marking the beginning of the French Revolution.
Who was the king of France during the Revolution?
- Louis XVI was the king of France during the Revolution and was eventually executed by guillotine.
What was the Reign of Terror?
- The Reign of Terror was a period of intense violence and political repression during the French Revolution, led by the Committee of Public Safety.
Who was the leader of the Committee of Public Safety?
- Maximilien Robespierre was the leader of the Committee of Public Safety and was responsible for many of the atrocities committed during the Reign of Terror.
What was the name of the revolutionary government established during the Revolution?
- The Committee of Public Safety established a revolutionary government known as the First French Republic.
What was the slogan of the French Revolution?
- The slogan of the French Revolution was "Egalite, Liberte, Fraternite", which translates to "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity."
Who was Napoleon Bonaparte?
- Napoleon Bonaparte was a military commander who rose to power during the French Revolution and eventually became Emperor of France.
Who were the sans-culottes?
- The sans-culottes were working-class revolutionaries who played a significant role in the French Revolution.
What was the name of the revolutionary document that declared the rights of man and the citizen?
- The Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen was a revolutionary document that declared the rights of man and the citizen.