Decade Quiz 1910s
In which year did Irish nationalists in Dublin initiate the Easter Rebellion?
- The unsuccessful uprising became a milestone after the British executed its leaders.
"The Great War" began in 1914 and lasted until 1918. About how many combatants lost their lives?
- Another 20 million were wounded in this war, later dubbed World War I.
The "unsinkable" Titanic, which hit an iceberg and did sunk in 1912, offered its passengers many modern conveniences. Which of the following was not one of them?
- Though the fountain pen had been around for several decades, the ball-point pen wasn't invented until 1944 (by Lazlo Biro in Argentina).
Which Russian ruler was overthrown in November 1917 as a result of a Bolshevik uprising?
- The Kerensky government was overthrown by a movement led by Lenin and Trotsky on Nov. 7, 1917.
The South Pole was first reached in 1911. Who was the first person there?
- The Norwegian reached the pole on Dec. 14, 1911.