How Well Do You Know the British Royal Family?
How old was Elizabeth II when she became Queen?
- Princess Elizabeth became Queen in 1953 at the age of 27. She was in Kenya when her father, King George VI, died.
Which of the following Princes has served in the armed forces?
- Elizabeth II's husband, sons, and grandsons have all served in the armed forces. The Queen herself served in the army during WWII.
How many countries was Elizabeth II the queen of?
- Queen Elizabeth II is the sovereign of 16 commonwealth nations.
What board game is the Royal Family not allowed to play?
- The Royal Family is not allowed to play Monopoly, and one member claimed it was because "it gets too vicious."
Which member of the Royal Family didn't need a passport to travel?
- Queen Elizabeth did not need a passport to travel, she could just show a banknote with her image on it. However, she didn't have to do that during her life.
Who gave out marriage licenses for the Royal Family?
- A royal marriage was not valid until Queen Elizabeth gave the couple a marriage license. One could not be obtained if the Queen didn't approve.
What was Princess Diana's occupation before marrying Charles?
- Before marrying Prince Charles— now King Charles III— Princess Diana was a kindergarten teacher. Before that, she was a nanny making barely $5 an hour.
What food was banned from the royal menu during the Queen's lifetime?
- Queen Elizabeth II hated the smell and taste of garlic, so it did not feature on the royal menu. However, she did eat Corn Flakes every morning.
How many birthdays did Queen Elizabeth II celebrate every year?
- Queen Elizabeth used to celebrate her real birthday on April 21, but the public celebrated her on the second Saturday of June. This tradition started with King George II in 1748.
Which Royal Family member held the highest net worth?
- At the time of her death, the Queen was worth approximately $600 million, including estates and holdings across the UK.