Color Psychology Quiz
In ancient Rome, public servants wore clothes of what color?
- The blue outfits worn by Roman public employees endure today in blue uniforms for police and other workers.
What is the least appetizing color?
- Tests show blue is the least appetizing food color because it is rare in nature, and because spoiled food often turns blue. Red, on the other hand, increases the appetite. Many restaurants are decorated in red.
What color is the most attention-getting?
- Experts say red attracts the most attention
People lose their tempers most often in rooms of what color?
- People get angry the most, and babies cry most often, in yellow rooms, according to scientific research.
While brides in the West wear white, traditional Chinese brides usually wear what color?
- Red means good luck in China, where it is the traditional color for brides. White is the traditional color of mourning in China and Japan.
What solid, reliable color implies genuineness?
- The color of earth, brown, indicates genuineness.
Villains usually wear what powerful color?
- Villains often wear black. Remember the "bad guy" in the black hat in western movies.
What color can cause people to lose energy?
- Some sports coaches have painted the locker rooms used by opposing teams in pink, which can cause people looking at it to feel tired.
Hospital rooms are often painted in what relaxing color?
- Green is the easiest color on the eye and it causes people to relax. Therefore hospital rooms are often green, as are waiting rooms for guests appearing on TV, the so-called "green rooms."
What is the color of royalty?
- Purple, or violet, is the traditional color of royalty. Cleopatra loved purple