Hoot Quiz (the book by Carl Hiaasen)
What was Beatrice Leep's nickname?
- No one messed with Beatrice. Just ask that linebacker with the broken collarbone.
When Curly shoots his gun in the construction trailer, what was the only victim?
- But the field mouse that had scared Curly escaped unharmed.
Who was the vice president of Mother Paula's?
- But not for long. He ended up as a cruise director.
How do Napoleon and Dana escape from jail?
- Napoleon used the slow-footed Dana as a decoy and was able to get away after Dana was caught.
What was put in the worksite port-a-potties?
- Definitely not a place you want to see these toothy creatures.
How did Mullet Fingers get his name?
- You've got to be pretty quick to do that.
What was Mullet Fingers' real name?
- The name Mullet Fingers doesn't sound too bad now, does it?
Where did Roy Eberhardt live before moving to Florida?
- Roy was born in Detroit, but his family moved around a lot. He had really liked Montana. And snowboarding.
What is the name of the company that wants to build on the owls' burrows?
- Mother Paula's specialty is a liquorice oatmeal flapjack.
What did Dana Matherson have on his feet when he was arrested trying to escape from the construction site?
- Curly's traps didn't help the not-so-swift Dana's escape.