Who is the patron sain of butchers, skin diseases, gravediggers, and swine?
- Saint Anthony was a rich young man before he heard the words of Christ. These words encouraged him to give up his riches to the poor and survive with only the intrinsic human resources. St. Anthony became famous for his holiness.
Who is the patron saint of the Universal Church, fathers, carpenters, and happy deaths?
- The husband to the Virgin Mary and the foster father to Jesus, St. Joseph was unique. He became the Patron Saint of Happy Death after biblical scholars believed he died with Mary and Jesus by his bedside.
Who is the patron saint of embroiders, goldsmiths, and laundry workers?
- Born into a fairly well-off family, Clare had many suitors that she turned down after meeting St. Francis and following his religious messages. She dedicated her life to religion and became the first woman to write a rule for other women.
What patron saint is the saint of athletes, soldiers, and victims of the plague.
- St. Sebastian is known for the iconic image of him nailed to a post, his body filled with arrows, and his head pointed towards the heavens. A soldier of the Roman army, St. Sebastian left after finding religion.
Who is the patron saint of the internet?
- As a child, Isidore received a classical education as per Roman tradition, and was seen as much more dedicated to his education than his counterparts. Isidore was thought to have known everything, making him the perfect Saint of the internet.
Who is the patron saint of astronomers and the falsely accused?
- Born in Spain, Dominic was dedicated to his university studies before meeting a bishop and accompanying him on a royal errand. After this, Dominic's organization, planning, and determination led him to be a great leader.
Who is the patron saint of nuns, convulsive children, education, and books?
- St. Scholastica, the twin of St. Benedict. often talked about her love of God and the true source of unity. St. Scholastica supported monasteries, which provided centers for learning, agriculture, and culture.
Who is the patron saint of brides and widows?
- With aristocratic family ties, St. Hedwig married a duke and made it her mission to bring Catholicism to the community. Unlike other saints, St. Hedwig wasn't a sign of purity. She was a dedicated wife and mother.
Who is the patron saint of artists, physicians, and surgeons?
- A disciple of St. Paul, little is known of St. Luke's life. It is known that St. Luke wrote both the Gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles, which is seen as an early diary of the Church.
Who is the patron saint of homemakers, housewives, and cooks?
- Jesus Christ was known to gravitate towards families, and St. Martha's family was no different. St. Martha often worried about the homes, her kids, and the family schedule, but Jesus often reminded her that worrying should have limits.