Where can I find out all about a war? Who started World War I? What were the causes of the Civil War? What happened during the Holocaust in WWII? Who led the French Revolution? What were the Crusades? When did the Battle of Britain occur? What was the Thirty Years War? When did World War II end?
- You will find good descriptions of many major wars and battles in our encyclopedia and almanacs. You can find them by typing the name or location of the war or battle into the search box at the top of the page. See the Search Tips page for more help.
- See for example, the entries on the following wars:
in the United States
in the Middle East
General War & History
- You can also look up histories of lots of individual battles such as: the Battle of Bunker Hill, the Battle of Bull Run, the Battle of the Bulge, and the Battle of Britain.
- The Timeline Archive has details about ongoing conflicts in Chechnya, Lebanon, and Iraq, among others.
- And the Feature Archive has information on the Russian Revolution, the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japanese Internment in WWII, Pearl Harbor Remembered, the Mai Lai Incident in Vietnam, and a Northern Ireland Primer.
For More on This Topic