zombie: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (zom'bē), [key]
- (in voodoo)
- the body of a dead person given the semblance of life, but mute and will-less, by a supernatural force, usually for some evil purpose.
- the supernatural force itself.
- a person whose behavior or responses are wooden, listless, or seemingly rote; automaton.
- an eccentric or peculiar person.
- a snake god worshiped in West Indian and Brazilian religious practices of African origin.
- a tall drink made typically with several kinds of rum, citrus juice, and often apricot liqueur.
- an army conscript assigned to home defense during World War II.
- zombie (Thesaurus)