woolly: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (wool'ē), [key]
— adj., n., pl. -li•er, -li•est, -lies.
- consisting of wool: a woolly fleece.
- resembling wool in texture or appearance: woolly hair.
- clothed or covered with wool or something resembling it: a woolly caterpillar.
- covered with a pubescence of long, soft hairs resembling wool.
- like the rough, vigorous atmosphere of the early West in America: wild and woolly.
- fuzzy; unclear; disorganized: woolly thinking.
- a wool-bearing animal; sheep.
- Usually,a knitted undergarment of wool or other fiber.
- any woolen garment, as a sweater.
- a dust ball.
- woolly (Thesaurus)