wand: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (wond), [key]
- a slender stick or rod, esp. one used by a magician, conjurer, or diviner.
- a rod or staff carried as an emblem of one's office or authority.
- a slender shoot, stem, or branch of a shrub or tree.
- a small applicator for cosmetics, usually having a brush at the tip: She applied the mascara with a wand.
- a slat 6 ft. (183 cm) by 2 in. (5 cm) placed at a distance of 100 yd. (91 m) for men and 60 yd. (55 m) for women, and used as a target.
- Also calledan electronic device, in the form of a hand-held rod, that can optically read coded data, as on a merchandise label or tag or the page of a book.
- wand (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.