Meaning of wagon
Pronunciation: (wag'un), [key]
- any of various kinds of four-wheeled vehicles designed to be pulled or having its own motor and ranging from a child's toy to a commercial vehicle for the transport of heavy loads, delivery, etc.
- a police van for transporting prisoners; patrol wagon: The fight broke up before the wagon arrived.
- (cap.)Charles's Wain. See
- a railway freight car or flatcar.
- a baby carriage.
- a chariot.
- See(def. 21).
- to get even with or punish someone: He'd better mind his own business or I'll really fix his wagon.
- to have a high ambition, ideal, or purpose: It is better to hitch one's wagon to a star than to wander aimlessly through life.
- again drinking alcoholic beverages after a period of abstinence.
- abstaining from alcoholic beverages.
- to transport or convey by wagon.
- to proceed or haul goods by wagon: It was strenuous to wagon up the hill.
- wagon (Thesaurus)