Meaning of voodoo
Pronunciation: (v'd), [key]
— n., pl. adj., v., -doos, -dooed, -doo•ing.
- a polytheistic religion practiced chiefly by West Indians, deriving principally from African cult worship and containing elements borrowed from the Catholic religion.
- a person who practices this religion.
- a fetish or other object of voodoo worship.
- a group of magical and ecstatic rites associated with voodoo.
- (not in technical use) black magic; sorcery.
- of, pertaining to, associated with, or practicing voodoo.
- . characterized by deceptively simple, almost magical, solutions or ideas: voodoo politics.
- to affect by voodoo sorcery.
- voodoo (Thesaurus)