Meaning of visionary
Pronunciation: (vizh'u-ner"ē), [key]
— adj., n., pl. -ar•ies.
- given to or characterized by fanciful, not presently workable, or unpractical ideas, views, or schemes: a visionary enthusiast.
- given to or concerned with seeing visions.
- belonging to or seen in a vision.
- unreal; imaginary: visionary evils.
- purely idealistic or speculative; impractical; unrealizable: a visionary scheme.
- of, pertaining to, or proper to a vision.
- a person of unusually keen foresight.
- a person who sees visions.
- a person who is given to audacious, highly speculative, or impractical ideas or schemes; dreamer.
- visionary (Thesaurus)