vegetative: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (vej'i-tā"tiv), [key]
- growing or developing as or like plants; vegetating.
- of, pertaining to, or concerned with vegetation or vegetable growth.
- of or pertaining to the plant kingdom.
- noting the parts of a plant not specialized for reproduction.
- (of reproduction) asexual.
- denoting or pertaining to those bodily functions that are performed unconsciously or involuntarily.
- having the power to produce or support growth in plants: vegetative mold.
- characterized by a lack of activity; inactive; passive: a vegetative state.
- vegetative (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.