Meaning of usage
Pronunciation: (y'sij, -zij), [key]
- a customary way of doing something; a custom or practice: the usages of the last 50 years.
- the customary manner in which a language or a form of a language is spoken or written: English usage; a grammar based on usage rather than on arbitrary notions of correctness.
- a particular instance of this: a usage borrowed from French.
- any manner of doing or handling something; treatment: rough usage.
- habitual or customary use; long-continued practice: immemorial usage.
- an act of using or employing; use.
- usage (Thesaurus)