Meaning of uniform
Pronunciation: (y'nu-fôrm"), [key]
- identical or consistent, as from example to example, place to place, or moment to moment: uniform spelling; a uniform building code.
- without variations in detail: uniform output; a uniform surface.
- constant; unvarying; undeviating: uniform kindness; uniform velocity.
- constituting part of a uniform: to be issued uniform shoes.
- occurring in a manner independent of some variable, parameter, function, etc.: a uniform bound.
- an identifying outfit or style of dress worn by the members of a given profession, organization, or rank.
- a word used in communications to represent the letter U.
- to make uniform or standard.
- to clothe in or furnish with a uniform.
- uniform (Thesaurus)