Meaning of uncertain
Pronunciation: (un-sûr'tn), [key]
- not definitely ascertainable or fixed, as in time of occurrence, number, dimensions, or quality.
- not confident, assured, or free from hesitancy: an uncertain smile.
- not clearly or precisely determined; indefinite; unknown: a manuscript of uncertain origin.
- vague; indistinct; not perfectly apprehended: an abstruse novel with uncertain themes.
- subject to change; variable; capricious; unstable: a person of uncertain opinions.
- ambiguous; unreliable; undependable: Her loyalties are uncertain.
- dependent on chance or unpredictable factors; doubtful; of unforeseeable outcome or effect.
- unsteady or flickering, as light; of changing intensity or quality.
- uncertain (Thesaurus)