truck: Meaning and Definition of
- any of various forms of vehicle for carrying goods and materials, usually consisting of a single self-propelled unit but also often composed of a trailer vehicle hauled by a tractor unit.
- any of various wheeled frames used for transporting heavy objects.
- Also calleda barrowlike frame with low wheels, a ledge at the bottom, and handles at the top, used to move heavy luggage, packages, cartons, etc.
- a low, rectangular frame on which heavy boxes, crates, trunks, etc., are moved; a dolly.
- a tiered framework on casters.
- a group of two or more pairs of wheels in one frame, for supporting one end of a railroad car, locomotive, etc.
- a dolly on which a camera is mounted.
- a freight car having no top.
- a small wooden wheel, cylinder, or roller, as on certain old-style gun carriages.
- a circular or square piece of wood fixed on the head of a mast or the top of a flagstaff, usually containing small holes for signal halyards.
- to transport by truck.
- to put on a truck.
- dolly (def. 11).
- to convey articles or goods on a truck.
- to drive a truck.
- dolly (def. 12).
- of, pertaining to, or for a truck or trucks: a truck drive; truck tires.
- vegetables raised for the market.
- miscellaneous articles of little worth; odds and ends.
- trash or rubbish: That's a lot of truck.
- dealings: I'll have no truck with him.
- a bargain or deal.
- the payment of wages in goods instead of money.
- to exchange; trade; barter.
- to exchange commodities; barter.
- to traffic; have dealings.
- a shuffling jitterbug step.
- to dance with such steps.
- to walk or stroll, esp. in a jaunty manner: trucking down the avenue on a Sunday afternoon.
- truck (Thesaurus)