transposition: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (trans"pu-zish'un), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- an act of transposing.
- the state of being transposed.
- a transposed form of something.
- the movement of a gene or set of genes from one DNA site to another.
- the process of reversing the tonality of an image, as from negative to positive.
- a permutation of a set of elements that interchanges two elements and leaves the remaining elements in their original positions.