WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. transposition, heterotaxy, abnormality, abnormalcy
- usage: any abnormal position of the organs of the body
- 2. substitution, permutation, transposition, replacement, switch, variation, fluctuation
- usage: an event in which one thing is substituted for another; "the replacement of lost blood by a transfusion of donor blood"
- 3. transposition, mutation, genetic mutation, chromosomal mutation
- usage: (genetics) a kind of mutation in which a chromosomal segment is transfered to a new position on the same or another chromosome
- 4. transposition, calculation, computation, computing
- usage: (mathematics) the transfer of a quantity from one side of an equation to the other along with a change of sign
- 5. transposition, rearrangement
- usage: (electricity) a rearrangement of the relative positions of power lines in order to minimize the effects of mutual capacitance and inductance; "he wrote a textbook on the electrical effects of transposition"
- 6. transposition, reversal, reordering
- usage: the act of reversing the order or place of
- 7. transposition, playing
- usage: (music) playing in a different key from the key intended; moving the pitch of a piece of music upwards or downwards
All rights reserved.
See also: transposition (Dictionary)