Meaning of trailer
Pronunciation: (trā'lur), [key]
- a large van or wagon drawn by an automobile, truck, or tractor, used esp. in hauling freight by road. Cf. full trailer, semitrailer.
- Also called travel trailer. a vehicle attached to an automobile and used as a mobile home or place of business, usually equipped with furniture, kitchen facilities, bathroom, etc. Cf. tent trailer.
- a person or thing that trails.
- a trailing plant.
- a short promotional film composed of clips showing highlights of a movie due for release in the near future.
- blank film at the end of a reel or strip of film, for winding off the film in a motion-picture camera or projector. Cf. leader (def. 6).
- a can with a spout, used in slip trailing.
- trailer (Thesaurus)