torment: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (v.tôr-ment', tôr'mentn.tôr'ment), [key]
- to afflict with great bodily or mental suffering; pain: to be tormented with violent headaches.
- to worry or annoy excessively: to torment one with questions.
- to throw into commotion; stir up; disturb.
- a state of great bodily or mental suffering; agony; misery.
- something that causes great bodily or mental pain or suffering.
- a source of much trouble, worry, or annoyance.
- an instrument of torture, as the rack or the thumbscrew.
- the infliction of torture by means of such an instrument or the torture so inflicted.
- torment (Thesaurus)