tickle: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (tik'ul), [key]
— v., n. -led, -ling,
- to touch or stroke lightly with the fingers, a feather, etc., so as to excite a tingling or itching sensation in; titillate.
- to poke some sensitive part of the body so as to excite spasmodic laughter.
- to excite agreeably; gratify: to tickle someone's vanity.
- to excite amusement in: The clown's antics really tickled the kids.
- to get, move, etc., by or as by tickling: She tickled him into saying yes.
- to be affected with a tingling or itching sensation, as from light touches or strokes: I tickle all over.
- to produce such a sensation.
- greatly pleased: She was tickled pink that someone had remembered her birthday.
- an act or instance of tickling.
- a tickling sensation.
- tickle (Thesaurus)