Meaning of throwaway
Pronunciation: (thrō'u-wā"), [key]
- made or intended to be discarded after use or quick examination: a throwaway container; a throwaway brochure.
- delivered or expressed casually or extemporaneously: a funny throwaway line that brings applause.
- something that is made or intended to be discarded.
- a handbill, advertising circular, pamphlet, etc., intended to be discarded after reading.
- Also calleda youth who is unwanted or rejected by his or her family, the school system, or society in general.
- throwaway (Thesaurus)