- 1. street arab, gamin, throwaway, street urchin, guttersnipe
- usage: (sometimes offensive) a homeless boy who has been abandoned and roams the streets
- 2. circular, handbill, bill, broadside, broadsheet, flier, flyer, throwaway, ad, advertisement, advertizement, advertising, advertizing, advert
- usage: an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution; "he mailed the circular to all subscribers"
- 3. throwaway, actor's line, speech, words
- usage: words spoken in a casual way with conscious under-emphasis
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cast-off(prenominal), discarded, throwaway(prenominal), thrown-away(prenominal), unwanted (vs. wanted)
- usage: thrown away; "wearing someone's cast-off clothes"; "throwaway children living on the streets"; "salvaged some thrown-away furniture"
- 2. throwaway(predicate), disposable (vs. nondisposable)
- usage: intended to be thrown away after use; "throwaway diapers"
All rights reserved.
See also: throwaway (Dictionary)