throne: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (thrōn), [key]
— n., v., throned, thron•ing.
- the chair or seat occupied by a sovereign, bishop, or other exalted personage on ceremonial occasions, usually raised on a dais and covered with a canopy.
- the office or dignity of a sovereign: He came to the throne by succession.
- the occupant of a throne; sovereign.
- sovereign power or authority: to address one's pleas to the throne.
- an episcopal office or authority: the diocesan throne.
- an order of angels. Cf.(def. 1).
- a toilet.
- to sit on or as on a throne.
- throne (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.