- 1. throne, chair of state
- usage: the chair of state for a monarch, bishop, etc.; "the king sat on his throne"
- 2. toilet, can, commode, crapper, pot, potty, stool, throne, plumbing fixture
- usage: a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
- 3. throne, position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation
- usage: the position and power of an exalted person (a sovereign or bishop) who is entitled to sit in a chair of state on ceremonial occasions
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. throne, govern, rule
- usage: sit on the throne as a ruler
- 2. enthrone, throne, invest, vest, enthrone
- usage: put a monarch on the throne; "The Queen was enthroned more than 50 years ago"
All rights reserved.
See also: throne (Dictionary)