Meaning of tent
- a portable shelter of skins, canvas, plastic, or the like, supported by one or more poles or a frame and often secured by ropes fastened to pegs in the ground.
- something that resembles a tent.
- tent dress.
- to lodge in tents.
- to cover with or as if with a tent: In winter the tennis courts are tented inplastic.
- to live in a tent; encamp.
— v.t. Chiefly Scot.
- to give or pay attention to; heed.
— Surg. Surg.
- a probe.
- a roll or pledget, usually of soft absorbent material, as lint or gauze, for dilating an orifice, keeping a wound open, etc.
- to keep (a wound) open with a tent.
- tent (Thesaurus)