swash: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (swosh, swôsh), [key]
- to dash or cast violently, esp. to dash (water or other liquid) around, down, etc.
- the surging or dashing, sometimes violent, of water, waves, etc.
- the sound made by such dashing: the thunderous swash of the waves.
- the ground over which water washes.
- a channel of water through or behind a sandbank.
- an extending ornamental flourish, as on letters of certain fonts of italic or cursive type.
- noting or pertaining to a character having a swash: a swash letter.
- swash (Thesaurus)