- 1. swash, wave, moving ridge
- usage: the movement or sound of water; "the swash of waves on the beach"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. swash, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: make violent, noisy movements
- 2. spatter, splatter, plash, splash, splosh, swash, scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse
- usage: dash a liquid upon or against; "The mother splashed the baby's face with water"
- 3. boast, tout, swash, shoot a line, brag, gas, blow, bluster, vaunt, gasconade, overstate, exaggerate, overdraw, hyperbolize, hyperbolise, magnify, amplify
- usage: show off
- 4. swagger, bluster, swash, act, behave, do
- usage: act in an arrogant, overly self-assured, or conceited manner
All rights reserved.
See also: swash (Dictionary)