Meaning of suture
Pronunciation: (s'chur), [key]
— n., v., -tured, -tur•ing.
- a joining of the lips or edges of a wound or the like by stitching or some similar process.
- a particular method of doing this.
- one of the stitches or fastenings employed.
- the line of junction of two bones, esp. of the skull, in an immovable articulation.
- the articulation itself.
- the junction or line of junction of contiguous parts, as the line of closure between the valves of a bivalve shell, a seam where carpels of a pericarp join, etc.
- a seam as formed in sewing; a line of junction between two parts.
- a sewing together or a joining as by sewing.
- to unite by or as by a suture.
- suture (Thesaurus)