- 1. suture, sutura, fibrous joint, joint, articulation, articulatio
- usage: an immovable joint (especially between the bones of the skull)
- 2. suture, surgical seam, seam
- usage: a seam used in surgery
- 3. suture, thread, yarn
- usage: thread of catgut or silk or wire used by surgeons to stitch tissues together
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. suture, seam
- usage: join with a suture; "suture the wound after surgery"
All rights reserved.
See also: suture (Dictionary)