surfeit: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sûr'fit), [key]
- excess; an excessive amount: a surfeit of speechmaking.
- excess or overindulgence in eating or drinking.
- an uncomfortably full or crapulous feeling due to excessive eating or drinking.
- general disgust caused by excess or satiety.
- to bring to a state of surfeit by excess of food or drink.
- to supply with anything to excess or satiety; satiate.
- to eat or drink to excess.
- to suffer from the effects of overindulgence in eating or drinking.
- to indulge to excess in anything.
- surfeit (Thesaurus)