supporter: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (su-pôr'tur, -pōr'-), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- a person or thing that supports.
- an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate.
- a device, usually of elastic cotton webbing, for supporting some part of the body, esp. a jockstrap.
- a garter, esp. one attached to a garter belt or girdle.
- either of two human or animal figures flanking and supporting an escutcheon in an achievement of arms.