WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. supporter, protagonist, champion, admirer, booster, friend, advocate, advocator, proponent, exponent
- usage: a person who backs a politician or a team etc.; "all their supporters came out for the game"; "they are friends of the library"
- 2. patron, sponsor, supporter, benefactor, helper
- usage: someone who supports or champions something
- 3. assistant, helper, help, supporter, worker
- usage: a person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; "my invaluable assistant"; "they hired additional help to finish the work"
- 4. garter, supporter, band
- usage: a band (usually elastic) worn around the leg to hold up a stocking (or around the arm to hold up a sleeve)
- 5. athletic supporter, supporter, suspensor, jockstrap, jock, protective garment, man's clothing
- usage: a support for the genitals worn by men engaging in strenuous exercise
All rights reserved.
See also: supporter (Dictionary)