subscription: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (sub-skrip'shun), [key]
- a sum of money given or pledged as a contribution, payment, investment, etc.
- the right to receive a periodical for a sum paid, usually for an agreed number of issues.
- an arrangement for presenting a series of concerts, plays, etc., that one may attend by the payment of a membership fee: to purchase a 10-concert subscription.
- the dues paid by a member of a club, society, etc.
- a fund raised through sums of money subscribed.
- a sum subscribed.
- the act of appending one's signature or mark, as to a document.
- a signature or mark thus appended.
- something written beneath or at the end of a document or the like.
- a document to which a signature is attached.
- assent, agreement, or approval expressed verbally or by signing one's name.
- assent to or acceptance of a body of principles or doctrines, the purpose of which is to establish uniformity.
- formal acceptance of the Thirty-nine Articles of 1563 and the Book of Common Prayer.
- subscription (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.