submarine: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (n.sub"mu-rēn', sub'mu-rēn"adj., v.sub"mu-rēn'), [key]
— n., adj., v., -rined, -rin•ing.
- a vessel that can be submerged and navigated under water, usually built for warfare and armed with torpedoes or guided missiles.
- something situated or living under the surface of the sea, as a plant or animal.
- a hero sandwich.
- situated, occurring, operating, or living under the surface of the sea: a submarine mountain.
- of, pertaining to, or carried on by a submarine or submarines: submarine warfare.
- to participate in the operating of a submarine.
- to move or slide under something.
- to be thrown under the steering wheel of the vehicle one is driving during a frontal crash.
- to be thrown out of one's seat belt in such a crash.
- to attack or sink by submarine.
- submarine (Thesaurus)