- 1. submarine, pigboat, sub, U-boat, submersible, submersible warship
- usage: a submersible warship usually armed with torpedoes
- 2. bomber, grinder, hero, hero sandwich, hoagie, hoagy, Cuban sandwich, Italian sandwich, poor boy, sub, submarine, submarine sandwich, torpedo, wedge, zep, sandwich
- usage: a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States
- 1. submarine, skid, slip, slue, slew, slide
- usage: move forward or under in a sliding motion; "The child was injured when he submarined under the safety belt of the car"
- 2. submarine, flip, toss, sky, pitch
- usage: throw with an underhand motion
- 3. submarine, down, knock down, cut down, push down, pull down
- usage: bring down with a blow to the legs
- 4. submarine, operate, control
- usage: control a submarine
- 5. submarine, attack, assail
- usage: attack by submarine; "The Germans submarined the Allies"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. submarine, undersea, subsurface (vs. overhead) (vs. surface)
- usage: beneath the surface of the sea
All rights reserved.
See also: submarine (Dictionary)