Meaning of stuffy
Pronunciation: (stuf'ē), [key]
— stuff•i•er, stuff•i•est.
- close; poorly ventilated: a stuffy room.
- oppressive from lack of freshness: stuffy air; a stuffy odor.
- lacking in interest, as writing or discourse.
- affected with a sensation of obstruction in the respiratory passages: a stuffy nose.
- dull or tedious; boring.
- self-important; pompous.
- rigid or strait-laced in attitudes, esp. in matters of personal behavior.
- old-fashioned; conservative.
- ill-tempered; sulky.
- stuffy (Thesaurus)