WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. airless, close, stuffy, unaired, unventilated (vs. ventilated)
- usage: lacking fresh air; "a dusty airless attic"; "the dreadfully close atmosphere"; "hot and stuffy and the air was blue with smoke"
- 2. stodgy, stuffy, conventional (vs. unconventional) (vs. unconventional)
- usage: excessively conventional and unimaginative and hence dull; "why is the middle class so stodgy, so utterly without a sense of humor?"; "a stodgy dinner party"
- 3. stuffy, obstructed (vs. unobstructed)
- usage: affected with a sensation of stoppage or obstruction; "a stuffy feeling in my chest"
All rights reserved.
See also: stuffy (Dictionary)