struggle: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (strug'ul), [key]
— v., n. -gled, -gling,
- to contend with an adversary or opposing force.
- to contend resolutely with a task, problem, etc.; strive: to struggle for existence.
- to advance with violent effort: to struggle through the snow.
- (of athletes and competitors) to be coping with inability to perform well or to win; contend with difficulty: After struggling for the whole month of June, he suddenly caught fire and raised his batting average 30 points.
- to bring, put, etc., by struggling: She struggled the heavy box into a corner.
- to make (one's way) with violent effort.
- the process or an act or instance of struggling.
- a war, fight, conflict, or contest of any kind.
- a task or goal requiring much effort to accomplish or achieve.
- struggle (Thesaurus)