Meaning of stripper
Pronunciation: (strip'ur), [key]
- a person who strips.
- a thing that strips, as an appliance or machine for stripping.
- Also calleda person who performs a striptease.
- a harvesting machine for stripping the seed heads from the stalks of grain.
- a machine used in harvesting cotton to strip the bolls from the plants.
- a chemical solution that removes varnish, paint, wax, etc., from a surface, as of furniture or flooring.
- any of several rollers covered with card clothing that operate in combination with the worker rollers and the cylinder in the carding of fibers.
- a worker who assembles and strips photographic negatives or positives for platemaking. Cf. (def. 10).
- stripper (Thesaurus)