stilt: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (stilt), [key]
- one of two poles, each with a support for the foot at some distance above the bottom end, enabling the wearer to walk with his or her feet above the ground.
- one of several posts supporting a structure built above the surface of land or water.
- a three-armed support for an object being fired.
- any of several white-and-black wading birds, esp. Cladorhynchus leucocephalus and Himantopus himantopus, having long, bright pink legs and a long, slender black bill.
- a plow handle.
- a crutch.
- to raise on or as if on stilts.
- stilt (Thesaurus)