WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pile, spile, piling, stilt, column, pillar
- usage: a column of wood or steel or concrete that is driven into the ground to provide support for a structure
- 2. stilt, pole
- usage: one of two stout poles with foot rests in the middle; used for walking high above the ground; "he was so tall I thought he was on stilts"
- 3. stilt, Australian stilt, shorebird, shore bird, limicoline bird
- usage: long-legged three-toed wading bird of brackish marshes of Australia
- 4. stilt, stiltbird, longlegs, long-legs, stilt plover, Himantopus stilt, shorebird, shore bird, limicoline bird
- usage: long-legged three-toed black-and-white wading bird of inland ponds and marshes or brackish lagoons
All rights reserved.
See also: stilt (Dictionary)