Meaning of static
Pronunciation: (stat'ik), [key]
- pertaining to or characterized by a fixed or stationary condition.
- showing little or no change: a static concept; a static relationship.
- lacking movement, development, or vitality: The novel was marred by static characterizations, especially in its central figures.
- referring to a condition of social life bound by tradition.
- pertaining to or noting static electricity.
- noting or pertaining to atmospheric electricity interfering with radar, radio, the sending and receiving of wireless messages, etc.
- acting by mere weight without producing motion: static pressure.
- pertaining to fixed relations, or different combinations of fixed quantities: static population.
- static or atmospheric electricity.
- interference due to such electricity.
- difficulty; trouble: Will your dad give you any static on using the car?
- static (Thesaurus)