- 1. static, atmospherics, atmospheric static, noise, interference, disturbance
- usage: a crackling or hissing noise caused by electrical interference
- 2. static, criticism, unfavorable judgment
- usage: angry criticism; "they will probably give you a lot of static about your editorial"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inactive, motionless, static, still, nonmoving (vs. moving), unmoving
- usage: not in physical motion; "the inertia of an object at rest"
- 2. electrostatic, static
- usage: concerned with or producing or caused by static electricity; "an electrostatic generator produces high-voltage static electricity"
- 3. static, stable, unchanging, unchangeable (vs. changeable)
- usage: showing little if any change; "a static population"
All rights reserved.
See also: static (Dictionary)