Meaning of stand-up
Pronunciation: (stand'up"), [key]
- standing erect or upright, as a collar.
- performed, taken, etc., while one stands: a stand-up meal.
- designed for or requiring a standing position: a stand-up lunch counter.
- (of a fight) characterized by the rapid exchange of many blows with little attention given to defensive maneuvering.
- characterized by an erect or bold stance: a stand-up batter who hits many doubles.
- (of a double or triple) pertaining to a hit that allows the hitter to reach the base safely without having to slide.
- (of a comedian) delivering a comic monologue while alone on the stage.