Meaning of sprawl
Pronunciation: (sprôl), [key]
- to be stretched or spread out in an unnatural or ungraceful manner: The puppy's legs sprawled in all directions.
- to sit or lie in a relaxed position with the limbs spread out carelessly or ungracefully: He sprawled across the bed.
- to spread out, extend, or be distributed in a straggling or irregular manner, as vines, buildings, handwriting, etc.
- to crawl awkwardly with the aid of all the limbs; scramble.
- to stretch out (the limbs) as in sprawling.
- to spread out or distribute in a straggling manner.
- the act or an instance of sprawling; a sprawling posture.
- a straggling array of something.
- sprawl (Thesaurus)